Program Airborne 2019
Here you can find an English version of the current program for Airborne Landings and Commemoration 2019 - 75 jr Market Garden on September 21st 2019. You can find all the details below. Please follow the Facebook evenement for more updates.
Download our free UK Airborne Landings and Commemoration poster.
Para motor flying
- 8.00 - 9.15 hours
- 16.00 - 16.30 hours
Demonstration historic flight by Dutch Royal Air force
- 9.30 - 09.45 hours
Parachute Group Holland jumps from Dakota
- 09.45 - 10.05 hours
Military Helicopter Demonstration
- 10.35 - 11.00 hours
- 13.45 - 14.15 hours
Red Devil parachute display team
- 11.00 - 11.15 hours
Please keep in mind, the drop zone is a closed area for all visitors.
At three different times during the day, a 1000+ para's will jump from several planes on Ginkel Heath. British para's from The Parachute Regiment, military from 11 Luchtmobiele Brigade from Holland and Para's from USA and other NATO countries.
- 10.05 - 10.35 hours
- 12.30 - 13.00 hours
- 15.00 - 15.30 hours
Commemoration ceremony with wreath laying, a moment of silence and speeches by mayor Verhulst and the Commanding Officer 4th Battalion of the Parachute Regiment (among others).
- 11.15 - 12.15 hours
A historic sling is used to create the new official Dutch National Commemoration Coin to honor 75 years Operation Market Garden.
- 12.15 - 12.30 hours
A large military music show, themed Battle for Ginkel Heath in September 1944.
- 14.30 - 15.45 hours
A few of the bands performing are:
- Regimentsfanfare Garde Grenadiers en Jagers
- The Band of the Parachute Regiment
- Historisch Tamboerkorps der Koninklijke Marechaussee
- Traditioneel Jachthoornkorps Garde Jagers
- Traditioneel Tamboerkorps Garde Grenadiers
- Pegasus Pipes and Drums
- Dutch Military Pipes and Drums
- Royal Airforce Waddington Pipes and Drums
- Royal Airforce Halton Pipes and Drums
Wings Exchange for para's from 11 Luchtmobiele Brigade.
- 16.00 - 16.30 hours
The mass drops and commemoration will be streamed live on our Facebook page @Airborne luchtlandingen en herdenking.
Walk along the Airborne Market, listen to live music and have a traditional breakfast at the public square between 9.30 and 16.30 hours.
- 8.00 - 11.00 hours
Triple B Bigband
- 9.15 - 10.00 hours
- 12.30 - 13.30 hours
Dutch Royal Airforce male choir
- 10.30 - 11.00 hours
- 14.00 - 14.30 hours
There is much to see, do and learn at the Ginkel Heath Experience and the public square between 10.00 and 16.00 hours.
- Static shows by the Dutch 11 Luchtmobiele Brigade and the school for peace missions
- Living history: relive Airborne 1944 and the Cold War
- Workshops for children from 10:30 hours
- The climbing tower by 11 Luchtmobiele Brigade
- Live music
- Cross country track for children
- Keep them Rolling, WWII cars and motorcycles